What This Site Is All About and Who We Are?
Hello and thanks for visiting our website!
So, you just opened this “About” page and want to know what this site is all about and who we are, right?
Continue reading to find out…
Firstly, NorwayGeographical.com is written by a group of outdoor enthusiasts (who also like to take pictures during their trips).
This site presents collections, comparisons and reviews of the best jackets and outdoor gear (in our opinion) from the most popular brands and manufacturers like Geographical Norway, Canada Goose, Nebulus, Columbia, Anapurna, Napapijri, Marmot, Arc’teryx, Trespass, The North Face, and many more.
We usually write about sports and outdoor jackets, clothing and accessories, but we also keep an eye on other types of products that you can wear in your day-to-day city life, especially if they are high quality.
Secondly, we like to write about the materials (like these) and technologies (like these) used in jackets and outdoor gear, compare them and understand them better, and by doing so, we hope to help you on your next purchase.
Thirdly, based on our opinions and experience, we also like to write articles with suggestions and recommendations of the best hiking trails (like these), ski resorts and other beautiful places where you can enjoy the outdoors.
To conclude, here you will also find research articles (like this one), guides (like this one), brand collections and reviews (like this one and this one), tips, frequently asked questions (like this one) and inspiration for your next adventure.
F.A.Q. on this Website
1. How do you review and compare the various products and brands here? Do you try them all? What criteria do you follow?
We don’t try all of them. We make a lot of research both online and offline. Also, a lot of articles here are opinion pieces based on our experience over the years.
2. Do you earn from this site?
Yes. This site earns from advertising and affiliate programs.
When you purchase a product by following a link on this website, we may earn a commission at no cost to you. For example, these links can send you to Amazon or similar online stores.
You can read about it in the bottom/footer of this website or in the disclosure in many of our articles where applicable.
3. Ok, I’m curious, where are you from?
We are based in Italy, so, sorry if our English is not always perfect. 😉 However, we also collaborate with other people in other countries. As a curiosity, here are some Italian hiking boots brands.
– – – –
Thanks for reading and we hope you find this site useful!
The Norway Geographical Team
For every question, information or suggestion you can contact us at this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
F.A.Q. on the “Geographical Norway” Brand
1. Is this the official website of the “Geographical Norway” brand?
2. Which is the official website of the “Geographical Norway” brand?
It is Artextyl.com, as far as we know.
3. Where does the “Geographical Norway” brand come from?
It is based in France, as far as we know. By the way, here are some other French brands.
4. Why are you using a similar name? Doesn’t it confuse your readers?
We have owned this website name for over 10 years now and we think it’s a great name for an outdoor site like this one.
But, we understand that it may confuse some readers, and for this reason we are doing all we can to clarify and give you all the information we have about the “Geographical Norway” brand.
5. Ok, but why do you review Geographical Norway jackets?
Because we like them, and our readers like them.
We review brands that we like here on our website. Or brands that we think our readers will like and/or are searching for information on them.
6. Do you offer support for “Geographical Norway” products?
Of course, not. We don’t have any connection with them. For support please contact the official website and/or the store where you bought the product(s) from.
7. How to avoid buying fake or low quality “Geographical Norway” products?
We have received many questions similar to this. While we are not the official website, we believe we can offer a few suggestions that we have learned over the years, to increase the chances that you get a good product from this brand, and also good support.
Here they are:
– Don’t buy from sellers who don’t respond to your questions, have bad reviews, or their site doesn’t look credible.
– If you buy on eBay, check the seller’s profile, their reviews and the type of products they have sold in the past.
– We’d personally avoid private discount websites, normal discount websites and social media sellers, if you haven’t heard of them before and if they don’t have a good reputation. We’d also be careful if they don’t have a reputation at all.
– If buying locally, we’d avoid local bazaars if you are not sure that you can find the seller again, should you have a problem with the product in the future. Instead we’d buy from an established trusted local store.
– If buying online, we’d only recommend Amazon at this moment. Yes, we may earn a commission if you buy by following the links to products on Amazon that we provide on this website, as we said above, but we think Amazon offers good customers support and a good return policy. Of course, check the product and seller’s reviews there too, and don’t buy if in doubt.
– Lastly, we think that if Amazon doesn’t ship to your country and if there isn’t any trusted local store available, you should try with another brand. Probably there are other outdoor brands available in your country. But, if you don’t mind spending some money to find out if the product is actually good, then go ahead and do as you please. Yes, we are very careful when buying things, because we think, better safe than sorry.
8. Are “Geographical Norway” jackets any good?
Geographical Norway jackets have a good price-quality ratio. You can get one of their softshell jackets for $50-$70, and one of their parkas for $100.
The brand doesn’t have the history and recognition of other famous outdoor brands, but at these prices it is worth a try, in our opinion.
9. Are “Geographical Norway” jackets waterproof?
Geographical Norway parka jackets are waterproof, while Geographical Norway softshell jackets are water resistant.
You can learn more about the difference between “waterproof” and “water-resistant” jackets here.
– – – –
We hope this helps! 😉
– – – –
Last updated: June 3, 2020